Sunday, December 28, 2014

Quadcopter in Malaysia

Quadcopter in Malaysia

Quadcopter is a remote control (RC) flying machine which has blades. Quad means four and quadcopter has four blades. Some people called quadcopter as UFO since it's look more like a UFO. From my research via internet, there are two types of quadcopter which the one with blade shield and without it. If you are professional enough to control this machine, it is advised to get unprotected blade. However, controlling this machine is pretty easy.

 Quadcopter without blade shield
 
Quadcopter with blade shield



In Malaysia, Quadcopter is not really well known right now because most of us think that it might cost you much money to spend. After did a little searching in internet via lelong, lazada, mudah and international shopping website, I found that you can get this RC as low as RM 80.00.

Recently, I went to Jalan Pasar  near to Jalan Pudu which is located very near to my office. Actually I got a little matter at the bank which is rightly located in front of the market. I decided to have a look at the shop there. After a while, I was quite surprise when i noticed one object rightly above my head. I was thinking it might be an insect or something. After having a glance at it, i realized it is RC toy which is looked like helicopter but i didn't find the person who was controlling it. After looking all around, I found the controller was inside the shop. It was quite far from me and i started to love to know about it more.


The machine is very stable and you can fly it without moving. There are I believe three type of sizes which are small, medium and big. The small would give you good controlling ability especially in small constraint area such as in room or closed building. The medium size would give you better range of distance and very good in wind resistance as well. At the beginning, I would suggest you to get the micro one since it is very cheap and you can get it including some parts as blade. Believe me, you would need that since most of this quadcopter already build with good quality of material which posses high flexibility preventing it from get damaged.

If you asked me, I would go for DJI phantom 2. This is a very beast machine which can fly more than 500m. Can you believe that, 500m? One of the strength of this beast is it has an extreme flying hours which you can fly it for up to 25min in one charging. It also got very good security system which preventing it from flying away if you exceed the flying range and if your controller ran out of battery. Complete equipped with GPS system, it will fly back to the launching area when something is wrong. For me, why i like it a lot more that other quadcopters is its ability in taking Arial video. If you like to learn arial videography or photography, this would be your perfect choice. I believe in Malaysia, not many individual or company are offering the Arial Videography services because you need skill and money to get the machine. But, 5 years from now I believe people will be making use of it in some special event like to do marketing of your business or even your private ceremony like wedding. Equipping it with all of the sophisticated devices and sensors will give you one major problem, it's very pricey. To get the DJI phantom 2 with gimbal and pro hero HD camera, you need about RM 5,000.00. That is the reason why in Malaysia, it is less favorite to be owned unless if you have more than 2 wallets at your home. However, there are some other alternatives for you to get a powerfull RC with cheaper price. In market, as we know China always come out with something that has same spec and looking but in reduced price. For example you can search about WLtoys V303, Seraphi and CX-20. By the way, you can watch the video taken by reviewer and compare it to suit your own needs on youtube.






 DJI Phantom 2



V303





Splash
    Seraphi



 Walkera QR X350

Next time, I will share about budget quadcopter range between RM150.00 to RM250.00 which has more that 100m flying range which I think more practical as a hobby.   Bye.....




No comments:

Post a Comment